City Agra is located in Uttar Pradesh, and mainly people feel that it is famous for the Taj Mahal only, but here we are sharing the information that le you know more about to see and enjoy the Agra, and really Agra is famous for these also.
As Agra is located in the bank of Yamuna River and near by Fatehpur Sikri also to visit, so its natural beauty is amazing, but other than only places to visit Agra city is famous for Food, Culture and products, that’s makes Agra famous for various things, so in this you fand all those points for which we can say Agra is really famous
Know Agra is Famous for
- Majestic Gardens – Ram Bagh and Mehtab Bagh are two of the most famous gardens
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites – Taj Mahal, Fatehpur Sikri for Buland Darwaja and Agra Fort
- Shopping Locations – Shop for handicrafts at Sadar Bazaar and leather, carpets and rugs at various locations around the city
- Food – Food in Agra is delicious, particularly if you eat non-vegetarian food
- Petha – Popular across North India, and parts of West India, too, this sweet dish is prepared with pumpkin that is cooked and later dipped in a sugar syrup and topped with saffron
- Wildlife SOS – SOS is safe haven for many wild animals including sloth bears, elephants, bears, and tigers
- Kinari Bazaar – A pocket friendly place is ideal if you want to buy wedding related clothes like lehengas, dupattas, turbans, and sherwanis.
- Largest Mosques in India – Built by Shah Jahan and dedicated in the name of his daughter Jahanara Begum. Situated in Kinari Bazar and right opposite to the Agra Fort
- Chini Ka Rauza – Here rests the body of the scholar Allama Afzal Khan Mullah. A prime minister during Shah Jahan’s reign, this place is usually quiet and doesn’t attract as many tourists as the others mentioned in this list.
- Tomb of Itimad-ud-Daulah – Itimad-ud-Daula is sometimes referred to as the “baby Taj” or a draft of the Taj Mahal, as it has been constructed with the same elaborate carvings and pietra dura (cut-out stone work) inlay techniques.
- Korai Village – Located on the Agra-Fatehpur Sikri highway, Korai village is home to people belonging to the Kalandhar tribe, see the rural life in India is like but will also give an inside feel of their simple lifestyle—their huts, how they cook their food, and how they drink water using a hand pump.
- Sadar Bazaar – Sadar Bazaar is one of the most famous shopping spots of Agra situated near the Agra Cantt railway station.
- Subhash Bazaar – find a wide variety of products out of which silk products and silk saris are the most famous ones.
- Raja Ki Mandi – This market in Agra has some shops including those of garments, sweets, jewellery, ladies items, household items and religious items and the list can go on and on.
- Shah Market – Smartphones, as well as other branded mobile phones, are present in the market too.
- Shahganj Bazaar – Almost everything can be found out in the market from furniture to clothes and ladies bags to shoes.
- Shoe Market – Agra is popular for its footwear industry, one can get a good pair of shoes at the market.
Point to remember– When shopping in Agra, you just can’t miss splurging on the marble crafts. You can buy miniature marble replica of Taj Mahal or the exquisite marble vases, ashtrays and ornamental boxes.